Sunday, July 20, 2008

Apple and Strawberry Crumble


I love crumbles and crisps. Strawberries are perfect right now and there are always apples in season. In this recipe I used Pink Lady apples, Fuji's are usually what I use but I guess they are out of season now. For the crumb topping I used whole wheat flour, old fashioned oats, whole and ground flax seeds, brown sugar, and pure maple syrup and oil for the wet ingredients. As for how much of the ingredients I used, it was very rough, and it depends on how much/the size of pan you are using. I used about 4 large apples and about 6 large strawberries. For the topping I used about a 1/3 cup of flour, 2/3 cup of oats, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of flax seeds, and about 2 tbsp of oil and 2 tbsp of maple syrup. Baked at 350 F for about 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool a bit before spooning out a piece, so that the juices will become more syrupy.

No comments: