Saturday, July 5, 2008

Ingredients I Use


The quality of the ingredients you use is very important. I use no artificial flavours or sweeteners, I always use pure extracts. Buying organic ingredients whenever you can is great, but costly, for fruit just make sure you wash it very well. Always use free run brown eggs. Buying what is seasonal and local is a very good idea as well. Living in the Okanagan is great for access to fresh fruit and veggies. Another good alternative is to grow your own veggies, spices, basically whatever you can. Most of my recipes will use what is in season in the Okanagan at the time of the posting. I like to buy all my produce from locally owned shops or markets. The Kelowna Farmers and Crafters Market is a great place to get items such as honey, chocolate, and spices in a local setting. This way you are supporting your community and not just the corporate grocery stores.

No comments: