Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hot Sunday

Today for breakfast, as promised I had a smoothie. It was basically the same as day 1's smoothie. Except that I used a frozen banana. I really need to get a new blender, this one looks really nice but it is mental loud! Then I had a bowl of Bob's Red Mill Old-Fashioned Muesli with unsweetened almond milk, half an apple with a tbsp of PB, and an orange. My peanut butter is unsweetened and unsalted. Just pure peanuts!
I went to bed at about 8 pm last night, fell asleep immediately, and didn't get up until 9am! That's 13 hrs of sleep! Not to mention I almost always wake up early, around 6:30, even if I go to bed late. At least my sleeping patterns are back to normal and I am all caught up.




After this I went grocery shopping.
I wanted to get a lot of frozen veggies and berries, but sadly there were no good deals. So for produce I bought strawberries, broccoli, earthbound organics spinach, earthbound organics mixed greens, bananas. I usually buy a lot more fruits and veggies but, I wanted to get home and go for a picnic. Other items I bought are Brown rice protein, spirulina powder. Both for smoothies:) Natures Path organic flax plus and heritage bites, quinoa flakes, an apricot bumble bar, vanilla unsweetened almond breeze, and beans(pinto, navy, and aduki) I haven't tried the vanilla unsweetened almond milk, only the original unsweetened. So hopefully it is as good. The cereals were only $2.50 each, a major steal!

For lunch at the park, I packed a large mixed greens salad with apple slices, currants, pumpkin and sunflower seeds. I had my raspberry vinaigrette with it. I also packed the Bumble Bar. I'll let you know how it was.It was soo hot at the park. When I got back I wanted to try out my new brown rice protein powder. I made a strawberry, banana, vanilla almond milk, and protein powder smoothie. It was too liquidy(I added to much almond milk), and I could def taste the powder. I think it will be better in my morning smoothie with spinach and fruit. I also had a really small bowl of the heritage squares I bought today. Oh and the apricot bar was amazing!
That's all for food today. My Dad and I are going to go play tennis once it cools off, so I won't be eating anymore before then or after because I usually don't eat later in the day.

So cancel that, it didn't cool off. We are going to play tomorrow morning. I also had a bowl of the 2 cereals I bought today, mixed dry. with peppermint tea.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hey there! I saw your post on Broccoli Hut, so I thought I would check out your blog. Very cool. I will add you to my blogroll. I just started my own vegan blog too. www.mysocalledveganlife.com

Good luck with yours!!
Hugs,
Tara

Allison said...

Thanks very much, I think I have already added you to my blog roll!