Saturday, August 2, 2008

Zombie Day

So I set my alarm for 4:30 am, thinking I would bike to work. Wrong! It was cold and dark, and kinda rainy from yesterday, also I was dead tired and hit the snooze button. So when I did get up I made myself a spinach, apple, raspberry, banana, and blueberry smoothie. I used half a banana and used the rest in my banana old-fashioned oatmeal, which also had cinnamon and bit of honey. I drove to work thank goodness!

When my sleep pattern gets messed up, so apparently does everything else. I rarely eat bread/toast, and I did 4 pieces in total while I was at work! Horrible! My intentions were originally good I had 1 piece of toast half with jam half with honey and my own granola bar with tea, as my snack. Then before my break was over I had another piece of toast, and a quarter of an apple with PB. This is where I become ashamed! Then a bunch of freshly baked muffins accidentally broke as we were putting them out for display, so of course I nibbled on those throughout the day. Probably about 2 in total..

Then somehow I figured, I still needed more food. I had our homemade hearty lentil and vegetable bean stew, which is very healthy, but I wasn't even hungry and of course, I had my 3rd and 4th pieces of bread! Dear lord this day was a failure. Then I felt crappy and bloated until 2pm when I got off work. At 2 before I left I made myself a simple banana, apple, and ice smoothie, to sort of refresh me.
PS: sorry for the bad pictures, I was in a rush taking them at work, because my co-workers think I am weird/anal for taking pictures of my food! haha

When I got home, I was so dead tired I could barely get out of the car. I went and read and dwelled over this day of overeating and wayyy too much carbs! But, it really is only one day, and I have to cut myself some slack, especially when I am overtired and not even thinking/functioning normally. So I am not eating anything for the rest of the day because I am still so full, and I really have probably eaten double my normal calorie intake. Tomorrow is a new day, and I don't want to let myself worry about today because I know then I will think "whatever, I already messed up."

Anyways, enough about food. I am so sore from yesterdays mini-muscle workout, my calves and pectorals hurt so much form the calve raises and push-ups. Even though I stretched and ate protein... Also my hamstrings really hurt from biking. Tomorrow morning I plan to have a smoothie for brekky and that's it and do some stretches and maybe do some shopping and packing, even though I don't move out until the 25th. Until then, Tata for now.
Tomorrow will be a much more respectable post, trust me.

No comments: