Saturday, August 9, 2008

Super Stormy

Last night and all of today has been rainy, pouring rain, lightening and/or thunderstorms all day and night and is still continuing.

For breakfast this morning I had a slice of apple cake and some blueberries, and then later a ripe banana I needed to use up. The apple cake didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, well I like it, but it isn't that moist. But then again it is really light due to the very little amount of oil I used.

For lunch at work I had my usual oatmeal with mashed banana and cinnamon. When I got home I decided to make some roasted potatoes and asparagus and steam some green and white beans with broccoli. I first washed and scrubbed the potatoes, then boiled them for 10 mins, then I put them into a roasting pan with asparagus, a touch of olive oil, and herbs and spices. Into a 450 F oven for about 30 mins, or until they are brown enough for me. For dessert I might have a piece of apple cake.

Also, yesterday I got a Magic Bullet, I might try a smoothie tomorrow morning, but I am out of spinach...We'll see, but I am so excited because my previous blender was horrifically loud. If anyone has any good tips/recipes for the Magic Bullet, let me know!

No comments: