Friday, August 1, 2008

First Day of Food Journal!

So I am so excited, I couldn't even wait until the end of the day to post.

For brekky I had a mug of my breakfast looseleaf tea. It has peppermint and green tea, my favourites.
Then I made myself a spinach, apple, banana, and blueberry smoothie. It worked out perfectly, not to sweet, but I still couldn't taste the spinach. I used about a handful and a bit of spinach, 1/3 of an apple(peeled), half a banana, and about 1 cup of blueberries. The consistency and amount it produced was really good two, especially considering this is only the 2nd green smoothie I have ever made. I had this with a small bowl of puffed quinoa cereal and plain unsweetened almond milk, with a few fresh blueberries from a local farmers market. I usually load my cereal with blueberries, but I already had plenty in the smoothie.
After this, I decided I wanted a little bit more so I took out a small granola bar from the freezer(part of the batch I made a few days ago) and had a half glass of plain unsweetened almond milk. The granola bars are just okay. The have old fashioned rolled oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, currants, dates, and cinnamon for spice. I used water to bind these and didn't add anything for sweetness besides the dried fruit.
Overall, I'd say this was a pretty good breakfast for day 1. Now I am off to do some calve raises, hamstring and glute exercises, as well as abdominal and oblique work. Plus push-ups. Unfortunately there is supposed to be a thunderstorm and rain later today, so I probably won't bike to work. I love rain and storms, but I wanted to get in some cardio. Oh well!

Before I biked to Cyclepath to get some fenders put on I had a snack of Mary's Organic Crackers and a nori sheet. These crackers are so good. They are wheat and gluten free, with no added oils or fats!

Getting fenders put on at Cyclepath took forever! I got home at about 1:45 and had to be at work at 3. I originally planned to have edamame beans, steamed broccoli, and brown rice. But due to the rush factor I made quinoa instead of rice. It was still really good, except for the fact that I had to scarf it down. Then at about 5:30 at work I had an organic mixed greens salad with currants and a rasberry vinagrette. The rasberry vinagrette I get from our local farmer's market(it's a local company).I felt pretty silly taking a picture of my salad at work! I don't know how this will work in the future. Otherwise day 1 went really well, I worked until 10 pm, however I accepted a 6am-2pm shift for tomorrow! That means I have to get up at 4:45am! I guess we'll see how that turns out.

3 comments:

Erin said...

My folks made me a kale smoothie. I was initially highly skeptical, but it is delicious. It has kale, a ripe pear, some green grapes, ice, and maybe some white grape juice if you have it. amazing stuff. so healthy!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Welcome to the blogging world! :0)

Allison said...

Thanks veggiegirl. If you have any tips/advice for blogging, I'd appreciate it.