Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Work, Work, Work

I have been working everyday for the past 5 days (8hr shifts), usually 7am-3pm. I haven't been taking pictures at work, because it is too much hassle.

Yesterday morning I just had a plain blueberry banana green smoothie for breakfast. My stomach is still a little wonky due to what I think was the rancid pumpkin seeds. I brought some old-fashioned rolled oats (10-15min) and cinnamon to work. I made 1/3 cup of oats with half a mashed banana, and about a cup of water, in el microwave! I have never cooked oats in the microwave(except when I was little). I much prefer stove top, but these were fine, and worth it to have oatmeal at work! I also had a fuji apple, my favorite kind of apple. When I got home from work I had 2 plain rice cakes, and that's it. Went to bed in order to get up early the next day for work! I know this isn't that much food for one day, but I didn't really feel hungry still due to the bad seeds.Today for breakfast I had my usual blueberry banana green smoothie, but this time I used frozen blueberries and added 1/2 tsp of the spirulina I bought a few days ago. This smoothie was to die for, I love the taste of spirulina in a smoothie! Loved the darker colour!
For lunch at work I brought oatmeal again, same thing exactly as yesterday, complete with fuji apple.

For dinner I had frozen edamames in their shells, I find these to be fresher than the already shelled ones. I boiled them in their shells for 5 mins, then rinse to cool, peel, rinse beans, and throw them back into a frying pan with a touch of extra virgin olive oil, and by a touch I mean the smallest amount. I fry them for about 3 mins or less, until they are just a touch brown (as seen below). I also had one small head of plain steamed broccoli to go with it.

No comments: